Monday, March 16, 2009

My Body Hurts!


These past few weeks we have been fighting one cold after another around our house. When you ask Emma what's wrong she says "My body hurts." Try calling a doctor and telling them her body hurts, they aren't much help. I did finally get her to tell me some more details. So when she developed a fever I decided to take her in. Turns out she had an ear infection, her first. While we were at the doc I had them look at my throat. They did a quick strep test and it came back negative so they said to just try some cough drops and gargling salt water. The next morning they called and said the overnight culture came back positive for strep and I needed to start some meds. At least I should start feeling better. Then at the end of the week Tyson got a fever and we had to take him into the doc. He too had an ear infection. It turned out to be a busy, and expensive week. Hopefully we are almost done with the colds and can move into spring.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I read your note on facebook about your blog. I love reading people's blog. I have one as well, I will add you to ours if you don't care. It is http://idaho-lewis-family.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That photo is so sad and so sweet at the same time. Poor little honey. Hope you guys get this illness thing out of your system.

    I always hate making the decision--do I take them to the doctor or not? What if all they do is say, "Yeah, he/she is sick, but we can't do anything for him/her." But sometimes the peace of mind is worth the price.

    Sounds like you made the right call--ear infections are awful!

    Hope you're all better soon. Love you lots.

    ReplyDelete